2 comments

• Hi Vanessa. A fellow student at usq kylie walsh and karen willis recommended your site. I am currently studying my bachelor of education 4 th year and learning to use ICTs in the classroom to enhance student learning I had never heard of scoop it before ,is it a reader?
    I would gratefully appreciate any tips you may care to share.
    I have a prac in foundation yer in few weeks time
    kind regards robyn crisp

• Hi Robyn,
    I’m glad you and your fellow students are finding my blog useful. Good luck with your prac I think only the brave can take on Foundation! In regards to Scoop.it you could probably say I’m addicted. I have my scoop.it organised so that it instant tweets, blogs, facebooks and linksin to all my various social media accounts. They why I have it with my blog. I found that I was feeling a little guilty about not blogging much but having so much to share so I just embedded the Scoop.it widgets into my blog which allows me to share all the great learning and and articles I’m finding and using with my staff. Scoop.it is a curation tool. Basically how it works is you can search various topics in scoop.it or browse the web for articles, video etc. What you can then do is ‘scoop’ those items into your own topics. Mine are Teaching Tools Today, Leader of Pedagogy and What’s new in Education? I have an app on my phone and tablet as well as using the webtool attached to my internet browser on my computer. In someways I use scoop.it as a bookmarking site as well because it can go back to my topics and find articles I need. I have also started using learni.st this is a similar type of tool. I’ve not been as active on there because it’s kind of similar to scoop.it. I recommend you joining scoop.it because it will become a great way of storing information for you that will help with final assignments and future teaching. You can follow other people’s topics which will then come up for you in a daily list which you can browse, rescoop or discard. My user profile is http://www.scoop.it/u/ness-crouch Once again good luck with your final prac!