Diigo and Evernote

Over the last few weeks I’ve been increasing my use of Diigo and Evernote. Though I signed up for both these tools about 18 months ago I’ve never really used them to their full potential. Why??? Time. There are always so many new tools appearing it takes so much time to play and begin to love them!  Time is a big issue in the busy lives of many and as a teacher I always find it difficult to squeeze everything in that I want to.

Diigo – is a tool suitable for use by anyone. The basic idea of Diigo is similar to Delicious. Bookmark and share. Diigo offers many other benefits. You can read, highlight, share and file the page or document as you read. Diigo is an add on to your browser tool bar.

Evernote – is a similar tool but with so much more. It allows you to do all the same things as Diigo, as well as allows you to add notes and tags to help you organise your bookmarks. It allows you to create and organise just like Diigo but has editing and note taking ability like OneNote. I’ve been using this one the most and I can see the huge benefits for my postgraduate studies when I start them again. Evernote is a download which creates a file where you can organise and edit your bookmarks. I also have this as an android app for my phone so if I come across anything while on mobile I can add it as a note and go back later and look at it